On the occasion of the World Health Day, on Sunday 7th April 2019, WIN has published Part 4 of the 2018 WIN World Survey (WWS) exploring the views and beliefs of 30,890 people from 40 countries across the globe. This survey reveals that, contrary to the constant negative news about health, most people today believe that they are healthy.
Health in general
- A surprisingly low 4% believe that they are unhealthy
- A further 19% believe that they are somewhat unhealthy
- 76% of people believe that they are very healthy (16%) or healthy (60%)
- The % of people who believe that they are very healthy drops from 33% (of people under 18 yrs) to 10% of people over 65 yrs
- The % of people who believe that they are unhealthy increases from 2% of people under 18 yrs to 7% of people over 65 yrs
- The region with the highest net positive health score is Africa (64% net) and the lowest is MENA (42% net)
Aspects of Health
- Being healthy corresponds well with perceived levels of fitness, weight and mood/stress
- 68% of people believe that they are fit including 15% who believe that they are very fit
- 66% believe that their weight is either very good (17%) or good (49%). Only 7% believe that their weight is very poor
- 79% believe their mood/stress is either very good (23%) or good (56%)
Read the full press release here: WWS_2018_Health PR.